As the creative driving force behind Green Space Dark Skies, Walk the Plank will engage thousands of participants from diverse communities across the UK to take part in this mass participation project. Walk the Plank are committed to removing barriers in order to put inclusivity, sustainability, learning and creativity at the heart of Green Space Dark Skies.
Walk the Plank – making incredible spectacle happen
Walk the Plank is one of the UK’s leading outdoor arts organisations with an award-winning body of work that spans 30 years. With a headquarters in Salford, North West England, and offices in North Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, the company works internationally, and locally.
Recent projects include:
- BODY, an immersive outdoor installation that premiered at the British Science Festival 2021, touring in 2022/2023
- A collaboration with Mind the Gap for Zara: the world’s first large-scale outdoor performance with a learning disabled cast (Halifax, London 2019)
- Creative Europe training projects, to build the capacity of creative practitioners in 11 European Capital of Culture cities
- Work with Greater Manchester’s Diwali Melas, Bluedot and Lost Village festivals
- The tenth anniversary of the Wales Millennium Centre
- The opening of three European Capitals of Culture: Liverpool 2008, Turku 2011 (Finland) and Paphos 2017 (Cyprus)
- Manchester Commonwealth Games 2002 closing ceremony
- Ten years as producers of Manchester Day, the city’s annual parade, working with Manchester City Council and diverse community groups across the city region
Our national and international work sits alongside ongoing projects in Salford: working with schools, colleges and animating the city’s parks, waterways, and green spaces.